aqua poppy desgins

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Brad Paisley H2O Tour, Birmingham AL 02/11/11




Last night I was blessed by a wonderful friend Thanks B!) to attend an amazing concert night watching the beautiful Jerrod Neiman, amazing Darius Rucker, and the always entertaining and wonderful Brad Paisley. We had amazing floor seats and Mr. Brad Paisley sang a shocking 20 feet (maybe less or more, I'm not really good with judging distance) away from me at one point in the concert. Three or more songs later he was TWO FEET FROM ME as he walked through the crowd back to the main stage!! Brandi and Leigh Ann were the lucky ones who shook his hand while I stood in a chair giddy as a school girl with my camera shaking. (I know he is just a person but I have to admit that it was pretty amazing, I mean come on, HE IS BRAD PAISLEY!)
I didn't have a picture when he was 2 feet away from us, the only thing that came out on my camera was a black and white blurry blob. Maybe one of the other girls has one, if so I will post for you all to see!
I just have to say that Darius Rucker and Brad Paisley are two of my very favorite country singers and they put on a GREAT show!  Those who were not able to go to (or didn't know about) this concert, I highly suggest you attend the one in Nashville later in February. (February 26, 2011 to be exact. Here is the official tour website : http://bradpaisley.musiccitynetworks.com/index.htm?id=14357).

So as I tell  you about this amazingly wonderful experience, I'm going to share with you some of the things that I hear when I hear these men's songs on the radio. While I am driving down the road, stuck in traffic, working out, getting ready in the morning, I love to listen to music. Music makes me happy, calm, and lost in a moment. There is just something wonderful about it. Tunes and words orchestrated together perfectly to make my heart melt and my mind think (I'm going to assume I am not the only one that feels this way).
Let's start with Darius Rucker. He was the second performer of the night, and runs a close race with Brad for being my favorite (Jerrod Neiman was pretty on that big screen, but he just wasn't someone that I cared too much for). (This is the "music" part of DR's webpage: http://www.dariusrucker.com/discography/all/charleston_sc_1966). You can listen to the songs I believe, but I cannot currently get them to play for me. One of my favorite songs is "This" If you listen to the words and think about everything that you have been through in your life and where you are now it is amazing to think that the smallest thing really could have changed your entire being.


"I don't really know how I got here
But I'm sure glad that I did
And it's crazy to think that one little thing
Could've changed all of it
Maybe it didn't turn out like I planned
Maybe that's why I'm such, such a lucky man
(Chorus)
For every stoplight I didn't make
Every chance I did or I didn't take
All the nights I went too far
All the girls that broke my heart
All the doors that I had to close
All the things I knew but I didn't know
Thank God for all I missed
Cause it led me here to
This"
In life we all experience numerous events, are given multiple opportunities, take hundreds of chances, meet thousands of people, and probably make millions of decisions. Each and every moment of our lives is filled with chance and opportunity to make a decision that will determine another, and/or have consequences that will also shape our future and future choices. Imagine a moment when you said "yes." Now think of that same moment and imagine yourself saying "no." WHERE WOULD YOU BE RIGHT NOW? I think of the choice I made when I chose a college to attend. I will admit that as a high school Junior I was going to make the decision to go to Auburn University in the Fall of 2006 (I know this is disappointing, but at the time I had my reasons). BUT the beginning/middle of my senior year I changed my decision (and made the BETTER decision I do believe) to attend the UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA in TUSCALOOSA! I cannot tell you the things that I think of "if had I gone to Auburn" instead of Alabama. The friends I made, the ministry that I was involved in, the mistakes I made as a freshman (and every other year following), the good things I did, the career path I chose. . . I would have been a completely DIFFERENT person, I believe I would have experienced things in a completely different way, and who is to say that that would have been for the better or worse? No one knows! It is absolutely INCREDIBLE how God has worked in my life. The things that He has done, the way He has redeemed me, placed me back on the straight and narrow path, placed certain people in my life who have influenced me and taught me. I cannot believe that He knew what I would become and who I am still becoming, He knew the things that I would/will experience and the HUGE lessons I would/will learn in every stage of my life, from every friend, foe, family member, job, co-worker, cashier, doctor, dentist. . .  the list goes on and on. So many people have affected me just by their attitudes, the way they treat others, the way they love, cherish, honor, and respect. I could ramble on forever, but all I can truly say is that I am thankful that I serve a God who is all-powerful, all-knowing, wonderful, perfect, and trustworthy. He has NEVER let me down and He has NEVER taken me somewhere where he couldn't get me through. He is my best friend and true companion.
Brad Paisley has numerous songs that relate to my next subject that I could not choose just one to pour my heart out about. But this man sings what I want. He is a man who LOVES his wife and his child. I hope and pray that this man lives what he sings and treats his wife how his songs portray love and friendship. "Waiting on a Woman" -- "You're Everything to Me" -- "I Thought I Loved You Then"-- SO many more. I want a love that is so everlasting and TRUE. The world has changed so much since "way back then when they . . . " But I want that way back when love and courtship. (I'll go more into this tomorrow I think.. with Valentine's Day being Monday I'll hold off on that for now ha)  A man that loves the Lord and serves Him will make an amazing husband/boyfriend/fiance/father/uncle/grandfather. . . Look at his role model! I believe that every woman is a princess and deserves to be treated and respected as so. (Guys I also believe that you all deserve to be treated as the princes that you are, and you deserve the respect and honor from your wife as defined in the bible. You deserve a woman to care for you, love you, and be your PARTNER in your life. But men and women PLEASE understand: In order for someone to truly love and respect you, YOU must love and respect them. It is not a one way road, a relationship involves TWO people and ONE Spirit to be successful (Not that I know so much first hand, but I think I have seen and learned from so many others, and found scripture that backs this, heard sermons preached. . ., to know that this is TRUTH)).  Brad's songs make me hope that there are still men out there that know how to love like this. BTW many country songs and their music videos have some of the BEST ideas for dates and such! :D 
So I have rambled on enough for tonight. I will leave out with this : 1 John 3:18 "Dear Children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." Our actions speak louder than words. This new week I am going to try and live what I say, write, and believe a little bit harder than ever before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment