aqua poppy desgins

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Little ones to Him belong. . .

. . . They are weak but HE is strong!

Saturday February 12, 2011 was a much needed refreshing day! I was allowed by the grace of the Lord to wake up to a beautiful day that His hands created. After a fun, yet interesting Friday night, I was awakened by the sweetest kiss on my cheek at 6:38 AM (My clock said 6:50 but is 12 minutes fast, and btw I had not fallen asleep until around 2:00 or 3:00 because I got in late from a concert) from a little boy that I am so proud to call my nephew, Cameron. He and his brother Cody spent the night with us (or actually my parents since I was not there until they were all fast asleep in bed) Friday while mommy and daddy had a date night with friends. I just could not ignore something that precious and of course got up to go downstairs and watch some weird cartoons and Cam playing his Nintendo DSi. The little one (My Chunky Monkey) was also awake and eating his breakfast. 
It is such an amazing thing to watch a baby grow into a child and then a child into a teenager. I have been blessed with so many little cousins (ages still in the belly - 11?), 2 wonderful nephews (6 months-6 years), and 2 beautiful nieces (cannot wait to get to that story! :D) (8-13). I have watched these children grow from helpless newborns, to rolling over to get a passy (Cody has recently learned to roll from back to belly (he learned belly to back first))

 
 sitting up, first steps, . . . , to the teenage years and facing the world and all that it has to offer (the good and the not so good).
 **I can say that I am impressed (understatement) with a BEAUTIFUL teenager that I am so very proud of, Meghan. She is smart, talented, beautiful, a woman of GOD, a prayer warrior, a dear friend, a wonderfully amazing big sister, and a true blessing of a daughter and niece. She has grown up WAY too fast for me ( I was 9 years old when she was born ), but I could not be MORE PROUD to call this child of God MY NIECE! The things this young girl has gone through in less than 6 months would shock you. You would not believe it by the courage that she always shows! (I love you SO much Munchkin!)**

I spent the afternoon with Cody (Cameron and his dad had a boys day registering for baseball, going to Gamestop, and running a few other errands) and I watched as this 6 month old child rolled from one end of the blanket to the other, played with his toys, reached, grabbed, pulled, and scooted and I was amazed. 
 Literally six months ago to the day at this hour, this child was still in his mother’s belly. I was waiting for the call to head to the hospital to be there to meet this little guy when he came out. I was anticipating what he would look like, how many fingers and toes he would have, if he would have hair or not, and if the delivery would go smoothly. I was praying that God would lay his hand on my brother and sister-in-law (Eric and Amy, especially Amy as she prepared to give birth) and family as we all prepared for a new life to be GIVEN to our family.  We spent months (We found out Christmas day 2009 that Amy was pregnant) 
wondering if it was going to be a girl or boy, what his name would be when we found out the sex, and then how much that boy would weigh coming out. And now I am looking at a miracle child (cannot remember the term but after he was born we were told that there was a possibility that if the sac had torn at a certain spot our little angel could have been sent right back up to heaven. It would have been something near impossible to notice during labor if I remember correctly. Our hearts all sank when we found out and then rejoiced at God’s creation) and watching as he begins really learning about and comprehending his body, movements, actions, noises, surroundings, and family. I hear his laughter and my heart melts. I see his little grin with his absolutely adorable cheeks and I think, “Wow.” 
Psalm 139: 13-16 “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were for me, when as yet there was none of them.”







GOD,
I ASK THAT YOU BLESS THOSE READING THIS. I PRAY, LORD, THAT YOU LAY YOUR HAND UPON THEM, GUIDE THEM, SHOW THEM YOUR GLORY, YOUR TRUTH, HONOR, AND YOUR UNENDING LOVE. SHOW HOW YOU ARE A MIRACULOUS CREATOR, REDEEMER,  AND FRIEND. LET US SEE YOU IN ALL THINGS THAT SURROUND US, LET US RECOGNIZE THAT WITHOUT YOU, WE HAVE AND ARE NOTHING. SHOW US LORD HOW AND WHEN TO REACH OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED TO HEAR OF YOUR GRACE AND LOVE, THOSE WHO ARE SEARCHING. THOSE WHO NEED ANOTHER CHANCE. OPEN OUR EYES TO SEE YOUR CHILDREN IN NEED OF FORGIVENESS AND GRACE. FORGIVE US OF OUR SINS SO THAT WE MAY BE FOUND IN RIGHT STANDING WITH YOU IF TONIGHT WE MEET YOU FACE TO FACE IN THAT FINAL CALL FOR YOUR CHILDREN. FILL US WITH YOUR SPIRIT SO THAT WE MAY HEAR YOU, FEEL YOU, AND SEE YOU. IT IS IN THE PRECIOUS NAME OF JESUS THAT I PRAY, --AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment